I buy shortbread cookies at the dollar store for this recipe.
I put them in a zip bag and crush them with a rolling pin
Pour the crumbs into the butter and mix.
Mix until all the crumbs are buttery.
Pour crumbs into a spring form pan. (The sides come off)
Smoosh the crumbs down to pack them a bit.
You can press the sides with nuts, toffee, more crumbs etc… You can add bananas, strawberries, what ever you like! I like it with just a little caramel sauce. If you are really ambitious, you can make the pudding from scratch. I will add a link to that recipe when I have finished typing it. This is my absolute favorite dessert.
- Shortbread cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 - 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 lg. pkg instant banana pudding
- Put cookies in a zip bag and crush them with a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
- Melt butter in a mixing bowl, add crumbs and sugar and mix well.
- Line bottom of pie pan with crumbs. I use a spring form pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, add sugar and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- Add pudding mix to whipped cream, beat well. Fold cream into cheese mixture.
- Pour filling on top of crust.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Drizzle caramel over top.