- Chicken Broth:
- 4 qt. water
- 3 lbs. chicken with bone in.
- 2 cups carrots
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 onion, cut
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 Tbs. parsley fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅔ cup canned evaporated milk (regular will do in a pinch)
- Boil chicken and veggies and other broth ingredients in the water until meat begins to pull away from bone.
- Remove chicken, separate meat from bone
- Strain veggies from broth and return broth to pan.
- Put chicken meat back in broth.
- Sift flour salt and baking powder.
- Mix egg and milk.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture.
- Makes a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out on to a well floured surface.
- Roll dough out very thin ( ⅛" or less)
- Use pizza cutter to make strips and then small rectangles by cutting the opposite direction.
- Drop noodles into broth, stirring often.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.