- 1½ to 2 c. diced leftover ham
- 1 Tbsp, vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 c. milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. grated cheese
- 2½ c. uncooked noodles
- 1 Tbsp. grated onion
- ⅔ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Choice of ½ cup stuffed olives, sliced celery, fried mushrooms, or cooked peas.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until barely any water is left.
- Stir vinegar or lemon juice into milk; let stand a few minutes.
- Combine ham, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, cheese, noodles, olives, celery or mushrooms.
- Pour mixture into greased casserole.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs or crushed cereal flakes.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for 35 minutes.