- ½ c. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 (2") square suet
- 12 scallions cut in 2" lengths
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 3 c. snipped fresh spinach
- 1 lb. tenderloin
- ¾ c. chicken broth or chicken bouillon
- 3 c. Chinese cabbage, cut in ½" slices
- 2 medium onions, cut in half lengthwise then in ¼" slices
- 8 small cubes canned bean curds, (optional)
- Mix soy sauce, chicken broth and sugar, set aside.
- Heat suet in heavy skillet to grease thoroughly then discard remaining suet.
- Add cabbage, scallions, mushrooms, onions, celery, bamboo shoots and bean curd.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over vegetables.
- Cook over high heat 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and meat (1 lb. tenderloin or sirloin very thinly sliced.)
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 min.
- Push all solid ingredients down in sauce.
- Cook 3 more minutes.
- Serve with rice and tea.