SWEET AND SOUR BAKED CHICKEN
Very good served with rice.
Author: Lillian Curran
Recipe type: Main
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- ½ cup coarsely chopped carrots
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1-3 lb broiler fryer, chicken, cut up
- Soy sauce, garlic and pepper (No measurements included in original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium skillet heat butter until melted, add onion, green pepper and carrots.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Arrange chicken pieces, skin side up in a 9 x 13 x 2 " baking pan.
- Pour sweet and sour sauce over all.
- Bake covered 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes or until chicken tests done.