- 1 lb. can chopped sauerkraut, thoroughly drained
- 1 c. coarsely chopped Spanish onion (large)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos, drained and chopped
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. cider vinegar.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly until well blended. Store mixture in a tightly covered 1 quart jar.
- Place in refrigerator at least 24 hours before serving.
- The semi-tart flavor of this relish becomes increasingly better, if allowed to chill at least several days.