- 2 gal cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into rings
- 2 cups lime
- 8½ quart water
- 1 c vinegar
- Extra water for rinsing
- 1 bottle red food coloring
- 1 Tbsp. alum
- 2 c. vinegar
- 2 c. water
- 10 c. sugar
- 8 sticks cinnamon
- 1 pkg. cinnamon candy
Mix in large container:
- c. lime, 8½ qt. water.
- Add cucumbers.
- Let stand 24 hours
- Rinse in clear water, let stand covered with water for 3 hours, then drain.
- Place cucumbers in a large kettle.
- Vinegar, red food coloring, alum, and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours and drain.
Combine in a large saucepan:
- Vinegar, water, sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon, cinnamon candy.
- Bring to a boil and stir til all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour HALF of the syrup over cucumbers.
- Reserve half of the syrup for the next day.
- Let stand 24 hours.
- Drain cucumbers.
- Heat reserved syrup and pour over cucumbers
- Pack in jars and seal.